A while ago, I read about the concept of an “Infinity bottle” in regards to bourbons, and whiskies.
At this point in time, I have moved to Rums, specifically, dark age rums.
My current “Infinity bottle – Rum” consists of 2 oz each of –
- Appleton Estate 12 Year Old Rare Blend
- Diplomatico Rum Reserva Exclusiva
- Havana Club Añejo Clásico (2)
- Kirk and Sweeney Gran Reserva
- Mount Gay Black Barrel Rum
- Plantation O.F.T.D. Rum (4 – Cinnamon)
- Pusser’s Rum
- Ron Zacapa 23 (2)
- Ron Zacapa XO (1 – Deep)
- Zaya Gran Reserva 16 (3 – Vanilla)
Unfortunately, I had started down my current Rum path a few shoots before I started this bottle, so I am missing a few.
I also have added a personal number rank and key notes.
In experimenting, I have personally found the following blends rather nice –
- 50/50 – Plantation O.F.T.D. Rum/Zaya Gran Reserva 16
I also have an idea of my next “Infinity bottle” – “Infinity bottle – Rum XO”!
Could be fun!
What are your thoughts… Let me know.